Contact us - Contact us -
Print this page - Print this page - Send to a friend - Send to a friend -

Axens France

Axens at Rueil-Malmaison

The headquarters of Axens is sited close to Paris in Rueil-Malmaison, France.  Located here are:

  • General Management
  • the Business Units

1. Process Licensing (PL)

This BU that provides the design of industrial units, performance follow-up and the sale of process licenses, includes:
-    the Engineering department
-    PL Sales management

2. catalysts & adsorbents (PCA)

This BU assures the development, manufacture and sale of these products as well as their performance follow-up and is comprised of:
-     catalysts & adsorbents Sales management
-    Adsorbents and Claus department
-    Manufacturing and Supply Chain department

3.    Performance Programs (P²)

This BU provides customers with a range of services including: simulation and advanced control, operator training programs, consultancy and technical economic studies for the optimization of refining units as well as energy efficiency studies.

-   Marketing (and External Communication), Technology and Technical Assistance
-   Support services: Purchasing, Finance and Information Technology, Legal, Quality Assurance, Human Resources (and internal communication)

The teams at headquarters are in constant communication with their colleagues on Axens six production sites and the seven subsidiaries of the company located around the world.

 

Axens at Salindres

Salindres, more that 150 years of industrial heritage...

  • 1855:  The industrial chemical complex, birthplace of the Pechiney group is the first site to have manufactured aluminum using the chemical method
  • 2001: Creation of Axens through the merger of Procatalyse (Catalyst and Adsorbent manufacturer) and the Industrial Management of IFP Energies nouvelles   


The Salindroise factory in figures

  • Qualified personnel
  • A range of more than 200 products that is constantly evolving and several tens of thousands of tons/year production, with a production increase of 40% since 2003
  • Investment in the order of millions of euros have been made since 2001 on the site to modernize the installation, increase production capacity to satisfy the needs for production growth but also to sustainably reduce the site’s environmental impact
  • The Salindres site is Axens historical production base and produces the highest export volumes


Axens strives to efficiently and continuously manage the hazards linked to its activity through:

  • A dedicated QHSE team (Quality, Health, Security and Environment)
  • An integrated QHSE management system in place since 2005 (7th French chemical site to obtain certification)
  • Signatory of the Union des Industries Chimiques’ commitment to progress chart.  The Salindres site received the organization’s Southern France Safety Prize in 2011 “Mediterranean Responsible Care”.


Significant progress in environmental performance has been achieved:

  • Water management, a 40% reduction in water consumption since 2003 as well as the construction of a biological treatment of aqueous effluent
  • Air quality, a 5-fold reduction in the emissions of NOx and dust achieved even though production has risen by 40%
  • Waste management, 80% of our waste is recycled and the remaining 20% are stocked in regulated depots